Things to do when you arrive
- Telephone home and confirm you’re OK – people worry!
- Ensure you know when/where your first training session will be held (players only)
- Ensure you know when/where your induction will be held (coaches only)
- Download a map of Melbourne – it will prove invaluable. One that you can use offline is a good idea (e.g. maps.me)
- Attend your Introductory Meeting; your Sport Lived Coordinators will have tons of useful information and help!
- Get an Aussie SIM card/mobile phone and inform your mentor and your family of the number
- Open a bank account (you need your Aussie mobile phone number to do this)
- Get a Tax File Number; essential if you are going to get paid work